Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Using Xfree86 for Windows with Freeciv

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Using Xfree86 for Windows with Freeciv
From: "Carl D. Blake" <carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:55:43 -0700

I am trying to use Todd Goodman's installation of Freeciv with the recently
released Xfree86 for Windows X server.  The X server seems to work fine with
most X applications.  When I attempt to run freeciv I get the following
messages:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 205 (gdk_font_ref): assertion `font !=
NUL
L' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 205 (gdk_font_ref): assertion `font !=
NUL
L' failed.
1: Could not open file "/g/Program files/Freeciv/./.civclientrc"
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

The X server has not shutdown nor was it killed.  Can anyone explain what's
going on here?

Thanks