Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv

To: francis conry <defconry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:15:38 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, francis conry wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is francis, I'm kinda new to linux so my problem is most likely
> something obvious but here it goes.
> I just want to play against the computer and when I type 'civclient &'
> I do get a window but it seems to want me to connect and I cannot get
> freeciv to think it's connected. I just some error like connection invalid
> or something and that's where it stops.
> Thank you guys so much for making this it such a good idea!
> Thanks,
> Francis

Hi francis,
freeciv has both : a client and a server. In order to start to play,
you first need to start the server. It is named civserver. Then,
from a different terminal, start the client. Then you will be able
to connect. Why don't you take a look at the freeciv readme files?

pallav

O Sun of refulgent glory, I made you what you are.
                                         - Mandakyo Upnishad
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
M-41,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092453      |                                             |