Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: "city grows to <same size>"

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: "city grows to <same size>"
From: michael <michael.hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:02:53 +0200

>   Settlers take growth from cities. I wish that settlers were either
> cheaper to build (given that they take growth as well!) or that we had
> road/irrigation capable units that didn't take growth.

Wouldn't that be too easy? Settlers and the decision to build them, to
found new cities and to develop your kingdom or to let your city grow is
one of the major strategic decisions in FreeCiv. And they have to be
expensive in *all* (production, growth and supply) ways, otherwise
*everybody* could build armys of settlers ;-)

MIchael.