Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: where is libint1.so.1 on SuSE Linux? (was: Query)

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: where is libint1.so.1 on SuSE Linux? (was: Query)
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:49:56 +0530 (IST)

    freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: where is libint1.so.1 on SuSE Linux? (was: Query)
>
>   Hello Pallav,
>
> > I downloaded linux binaries for freeciv. I am able to start the
> > server, but the client exits with the message
> >
> > can't load library 'linint1.so.1'
> >
> > I am using SuSe linux. can Anybody help?
>
> I use SuSE Linux 6.1, all versions of Freeciv compile without a
> problem, and there is nothing on my system that matches the name
> 'linint1'.  There is no such thing as 'Linux binaries': all Linux
> distributions are different, so binaries for Redhat may not
> work on SuSE (or on the next Redhat version, for that matter).
>
> --
> Reinier

Hi!

Thanks For the info. I don't have much experience using linux, but I
did get the working binaries ( I think from freeciv ftp only) and I
don't have the source, they were already complied. also, the server
IS working, and the client also does not throw any error indicating
that I am running the wrong distribution etc.

And I made a mistake, This is what the client says:

civclient: can't load library 'libintl.so.1'

Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |

PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |