Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] where is libint1.so.1 on SuSE Linux? (was: Query)

To: pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] where is libint1.so.1 on SuSE Linux? (was: Query)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:23:32 +0100

  Hello Pallav,

> I downloaded linux binaries for freeciv. I am able to start the
> server, but the client exits with the message
>
> can't load library 'linint1.so.1'
>
> I am using SuSe linux. can Anybody help?

I use SuSE Linux 6.1, all versions of Freeciv compile without a
problem, and there is nothing on my system that matches the name
'linint1'.  There is no such thing as 'Linux binaries': all Linux
distributions are different, so binaries for Redhat may not
work on SuSE (or on the next Redhat version, for that matter).

--
Reinier