Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder
From: Jamie Love <jdl28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:36:24 +1300

martin spoke these words of wisdom:
> martin wrote:
>
> I agree that it doesn't make much sense to allow the lighthouse to built
> inland, however Civ2 allows it so we'd want to leave it how it is for
> Civ2 compatibility.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Hodge
>
> ok sounds fine to follow civ2 rules ,could there be an option at game start to
> change this rule like lighthouse+sea on/off.
> using the same code that stops boats in land might help.
> If it can't be done then its ok.

I would imagine that there should be a -civ2compat flag or some such
thing. I mean, I would rather the freeciv team diverged from civ2 rather
than made a complete clone. Heck, why not aim for civ3 - ctp?

The worst thing to do is to be bound to a game that is getting on in
years, especially when there are genuine improvements that could be
made.

Cheers
--
Jamie
 -  "Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech. "