Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder

To: Freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder
From: martin <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:24:36 +0000

martin wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been thinking about the Lighthouse wonder and a slight error or error
> think it is.I dont think any nation should be able to build this wonder in a
> town which is not next to the sea.why would any nation build it in land like
> you can do now.
>
> what do you all think?

I agree that it doesn't make much sense to allow the lighthouse to built
inland, however Civ2 allows it so we'd want to leave it how it is for
Civ2 compatibility.

Regards,
Steve Hodge

ok sounds fine to follow civ2 rules ,could there be an option at game start to
change this rule like lighthouse+sea on/off.
using the same code that stops boats in land might help.
If it can't be done then its ok.

Kind regards ,Martin
--

Chat on #Rabble   uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667