Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: Freeciv & MS Windows

To: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Freeciv & MS Windows
From: Dan Sugalski <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:25:22 -0500

At 06:17 AM 11/18/99 -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>At 10:43 PM 11/17/99 -0500, Todd Goodman wrote:
>>Did you try the XAW client?  It's available as a separate civclient.exe
>>from the same place as the install set.  Just save the GTK civclient.exe
>>and copy in the XAW version.
>
>Nope, didn't realize it existed. I'll snag it and try. If it works, maybe
>it'd be worth packaging in with the install kit.

Okay, tried the XAW client. Worked just as well as you'd expect--ugly but
functional. Cool--no more Stars! on the train...

It might be a good idea to package it up with the Gtk version in the same
installer, along with a readme and alternate icons. (I can provide the
readme text if someone can handle the rest of it--I don't do windows to any
significant degree)

                                        Dan

Dan Sugalski                            even samurai
dan@xxxxxxxxx                           have teddy bears and even
                                        teddy bears get drunk