Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] solaris

To: Thorbjörn Axelsson <md8axel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] solaris
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:34:21 +0200 (EET DST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Thorbjörn Axelsson wrote:

>has anyone got 1.72 to work with solaris 2.6?
>I had to edit some stuff in the 1.71 sources to get it work..
>The problem is with xpm that is installed but never found! Not even when I
>specifies it's location.. it NEVER finds it...
>I can't edit this stuff since it seems that I have to edit the configure
>script as well, and I have no experience with doing that...
>
>/Thorbjörn

Both 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 compile and work on Solaris. (In our system without
modifications). One only has to use 'gmake' instead of 'make'. Also Xpm
libs are found... so with respect to that I haven't done any further
research.

        Mika
History tends to exaggerate.
                -- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4