Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Call to Power for Linux

Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Call to Power for Linux
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:36:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Mark Hughes wrote:

#Hi,
#
#Interesting press release at:
#
#http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/990126/ca_loki_en_1.html
#
#Seems that the next 'comercial' civ is going to be released on Linux
#as well. Wonder if the source code will be available :-)

Hmm - I'll have to look at this tonight.  Commerical people don't get
it.  Don't try to shadow open-source products!  Adobe is smart, and
won't port PhotoShop because it knows there is no market - everybody
uses GIMP!

My advice to Microprose:  Bend over.

Argh.  Now all I have to do is convince my girlfriend to run Linux.
After that, *nobody* will resist. :-)  I'll see you all at Linus Square
in Redmond, Washington ..

"Too late for a monolithic kernel"! *spit*  What does he know about OS
programming, anyway?

Holy cow, I've sort of gone off topic.  Back to your regular scheduled
boredom.

                                matt

--
Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]