Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] auto-attach and airplanes

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] auto-attach and airplanes
From: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:10:17 +0100

I don't think auto attack+auto hunting is a good idea.
If you can't manage your empire, play on a smaller map!
The game doesn't get better just by using a bigger map.

What would like is auto attack for units on sentry.

Also, I really do miss the "return home" option
and quick key ('h' outside of cities),
which would target units for the next friendly city
(for ships, a reachable city).
Aircrafts that would crash should automatically return home.
If you are in a game where you can only move 50% of your units
every turn, this is a must.

>During a civI game, i loose an armor which was protected by a bomber.
>Because, the bomber was shot down by a fighter.

may be air combat should be resolved separately from land combat ?
Or even simpler, an air attack would always kill just one unit, not the stack ?
Should be one line in the code, prize goes to the 1st one who finds where .. :-)

Cheers,
--
Peter Schaefer           mailto:schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
coz' hackers LOVE irix