Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
[Freeciv] A few Suggestions...

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] A few Suggestions...
From: Holger Scherl <Holger.Scherl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:20:41 +0100

 Hello,
after playing a huge freeciv-session I discovered a few things that in my
opinion should be added to freeciv:))

- there should be a fast possibility to activate a certain unit which is
currently in a city without having to popup the citydialog
I would prefer the middle or right mouse button which pops up a unit list
similar to the one when activating a unit which is on a ship.
This would be very useful both when you have to defend your island against an
invasion or planning one

- if you are playing with timeout it makes me very angry when a nuclear or
something like that runs out of fuel just because of the timeout which is not
properly implemented. So it often happens that there are up to 5 seconds left
and the new turn starts. I suggest a syncronisation between civserver and
clients should be done in the last 15 seconds....

- there should be a possibility to choose the unit which you want to move first
in the next turn. Just because of situations like discovering a aubmarine with
your last moving point...

- a few suggestions to units:
->Units only having one move point like the catapult or canon are quite
useless. I think it would be realistic when those units can fire two squares if
it is no forest,hill or something like that between attacker and defender...
->Why are the elephants removed??? There's no unit with which you can
make a real attack in the beginning of the game.
->the artillery is completely useless, because it don't ignore the effect of
the citywalls - and I think ithis is not quite logic

Bye,
Holger Scher