Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] A few Suggestions...

To: Holger.Scherl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] A few Suggestions...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:10:39 +1100

Holger Scherl wrote:

Some good suggestions; I'll just comment on these ones:

> ->Units only having one move point like the catapult or canon are quite
> useless.

Not so.  You just have to couple them with a defensive unit (or
multiple defenders).  Move some cannons and defenders up to an
enemy city, fortify the defenders (preferably in defensive terrain)
and attack the city with the cannons.  Of course some cannons in
the city can help defend against this sort of attack ;-)

> ->the artillery is completely useless, because it don't ignore the effect of
> the citywalls - and I think ithis is not quite logic

I think this is just following Civ2.  They're still quite powerful,
since they have firepower of 2.

-- David