Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New FreeCiv lists have been created

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx, dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New FreeCiv lists have been created
From: Christian Grothoff <ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:31:29 +0200

John Goerzen wrote:

> You are therefore respectfully encouraged to switch to the new version
> of the lists.  More developments may be forthcoming shortly.
>
> You may subscribe by writing to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx.  In the body
> of your message, place:
>
> SUBSCIBE freeciv
>
> for the main list.  For the development list, use:
>
> SUBSCRIBE freeciv-dev

I just wanted to ask, if it wouldn't be the time to create more
freeciv-lists as we once discussed (and I only received positive
replys for that). I believe we had the following (in brief):

freeciv --- playing strategy and other stuff
freeciv-announce --- "I want to play with you at 14:25 on 115.111.13.1
freeciv-patch --- all patches, especially alpha ones
freeciv-cvs --- Moderated: only patches that will go to cvs
freeciv-dev --- Development-discussion

So what about them now?

debnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I agree completely with David Huggins-Daines, and also suggest that the
> mailing list be moved.
>
> I wish to publicly request that my subscription to both Freeciv, and
> Freeciv-Dev be terminated.
>
> Canis: One word for you guy :  Boooooooooooooooo

With this message, 2 unsubscribe and 2 subscribe-requests are being
send out, imagine which ones :)

cu

Christian
Christian Grothoff, Freiligrathstr. 70
42289 Wuppertal,
Tel. 0202/621786
Email: ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stud.uni-wuppertal.de/~ma0035/

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.