Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New FreeCiv lists have been created

To: Christian Grothoff <ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New FreeCiv lists have been created
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 Oct 1998 09:21:17 -0600

 [ CCs trimmed ]

Christian Grothoff <ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just wanted to ask, if it wouldn't be the time to create more
> freeciv-lists as we once discussed (and I only received positive
> replys for that). I believe we had the following (in brief):

I think it could be a good idea to do this.  However, I think it would
be wise to wait a bit until everything else has settled down.
Particularly, the lists will be accessible at a @freeciv.org address
once the DNS gets updated.  (Although they'll still be accessible
@complete.org, but the idea is to use @freeciv.org for consistency).

Once all this is worked out, I'll create whatever lists people would like.

> freeciv --- playing strategy and other stuff
> freeciv-announce --- "I want to play with you at 14:25 on 115.111.13.1

-announce is generally used for low-volume announcements of new
releases, etc.  Perhaps -alert would be a useful suffix.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org