Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17778) Global production

To: vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17778) Global production
From: "Guillaume Melquiond" <guillaume.melquiond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 03:55:33 -0700

2006/6/10, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> e.g. Let's say you want to build a Cathedral on your capital.
> You go to the global social production menu, select Cathedral, then click
> on the capital in the main map.

> We could do the same thing for units.

> Note: Having this means we would not need caravans for wonders anymore.

There is a point I'm missing in your proposal. How fast are buildings
and units available? Does having a global pool means that if it is
full enough they are available at the next turn? In the current
Freeciv, it is already possible for an isolated tiny village under
siege on a hostile continent to build one battleship each turn. But
this is really costly (ten times the standard cost of a battleship if
I'm not mistaken), as it should be. With your proposal it seems like
this would suddenly become cheap.