Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation Spanish second Republic

To: "ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx" <ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation Spanish second Republic
From: miguel.farah@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:21:36 -0400

On 4/10/06, ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx <ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I have uploaded to ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/ a new
> nation. It is a file called spanish_second_republic.tar.gz I have made it
> from 2.1.0-beta1 version of the game.
>
> It is a variant made from the Spanish nation, but with the flag and the
> rulers of the Spanish 2nd Republic (1931-1939).

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have separate nations rulesets for
what's the same country, with a different government. Should there be,
say, a French kingdom ruleset, a French Empire ruleset, a French Fifth
Republic (to say nothing of the previous four)? Also, it kinda looks
odd to have a Spanish Republic *kingdom*.

That said, Manuel Azaña *should* be added to the leader list in the
spanish.ruleset file.

> About the Spanish nation (the original), I would ask you to delete the ruler
> called "Mortadelo", since Mortadelo never existed, it is just a humoristic
> cartoon: http://www.mortadeloyfilemon.com/ and it is offensive for Spanish
> people to be in the game as a ruler of Spain.

Really? I find it really fun myself (and I'm a spaniard as well).

--
Miguel Farah
miguel@xxxxxxxx