Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14923) Stupid AI Building Wants

To: badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14923) Stupid AI Building Wants
From: "Randy Kramer" <rhkramer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:12:56 -0800

On Monday 13 March 2006 04:06 am, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Actually, I do not think the current AI design of letting each city decide
> for itself what is the best course of action is very sound.

+1  (In fact, I don't see how it could be.)

Digression: I'm guessing that at the current time the AI algorithm is the same
for all players/nations?  I think it would be interesting to have a way to
set up different AI algoithms for each nation and then let them play each
other--among other things to start seeing which algorithms are "best".

In fact, the games might be played somehow with graphics and animation turned
off to speed up the playing (although having the facility to go back and
replay parts of the game with graphics and animation turned on might be
helpful to understand the results).

Is the freeciv code anywhere close to a condition where:
   * separate AI modules could be installed for each player?
   * graphics/animation could be disabled to speed up game play, but
re-enabled to view parts of the game history?

Randy Kramer