Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] GTK libraries & dependencies [was: Freeciv 2.0.8 released]

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK libraries & dependencies [was: Freeciv 2.0.8 released]
From: John Keller <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:01:04 +0100

Christian Prochaska wrote:
>>> I used the older packages that were recently linked by someone on the
>>> wiki page. They got lost with your major rewrite, but are now back on
>>> the page again.
>> Yes, that was an oversight when I was centralizing things that could go
>> wrong. (I still need to give that area some love, anyway.) Thanks to
>> "Cproc" for adding it back and to "Ollinaie" for originally putting up
>> the links.
>>
>> I'd gotten dependency problems by rolling back to those older versions.
>> Are you otherwise using the latest versions of the packages (i.e. GTK+
>> 2.8.12, pango/pango-dev 1.10.2)?
>>
>> - John
>>

> I was using the 2.8.6 version of the GTK+.package. 2.8.9 works, too,
> but with 2.8.10 it doesn't work anymore.

Hm, I guess that would explain the dependency problems I saw.

I'll try to track the 2.1 meta-ticket (12957), since I saw that you
added a note about removing the "intl/" directory.

It'd also be interesting to find out if this is a problem with the
GTK-Win32 port, or if it's a version problem even on Linux. Has anyone
had success with the latest versions of GTK+ (2.8.10 or later) without
disabling the use of the included intl/ directory? What versions are the
administrator developers (jdorje, Per, Vasco, et al.) using?

- John