Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 2.0.8 released

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 2.0.8 released
From: "Christian Prochaska" <cp.ml.freeciv.dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:33:15 +0100

On 3/6/06, John Keller <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice, thank you Christian.
>
> I've been working on the Windows install wiki page [1] on and off for a
> few weeks now. There are a couple of things that I've had problems with:
>
> 1) Getting sound: Which packages & compile flags (and other settings) do
> you use to get sdl-mixer working? I only made cursory attempts, but
> couldn't seem to get it working.

I forgot to think about sound support and therefore it was missing.
There are updated setup files in FTP incoming now:

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/Freeciv-2.0.8-win32-gtk2-setup-3.exe
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/Freeciv-2.0.8-win32-setup-2.exe

I used the win32 binaries and development files from
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/. I'm going to rebuild
everything from scratch now and then you'll get a mail with all the
steps that were necessary to make the compilation work.

> 2) How have you gotten around the compile problem with the "intl"
> directory? [2] Older libiconv/gettext packages, or something else?

I used the older packages that were recently linked by someone on the
wiki page. They got lost with your major rewrite, but are now back on
the page again.

On 3/6/06, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I first got an error about a missing iconv.dll, but I got a copy from
> some site somewhere and now it seems to work fine.
>
> -Daniel

It's now included with the updated package. Thanks for reporting!