Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:49:32 -0800

Here is a simpler patch.

I cut out the buy/sell code from your patch.  I kept the client
change-city-size code, but instead of the SP_COUNT/SP_COUNT+1 hack I
added a new editor packet.

IMO this should be applied ASAP.  We can then look at the buy/sell code
separately.  The sell code is pretty straightforward but the buy code
looks rather risky, since it basically re-implements the act of
end-of-turn production and I'm not sure this is wise.  Plus it's kindof
slow since it takes 4 clicks to add an improvement and 3 clicks to sell
it.  I think I'd rather see a checklist toggle of all available
improvements, added in a new "city info" tab of the citydlg.  This new
tab will be needed anyway since some method of editing did_buy,
shield_stock, turn_founded, and all the other esoteric city values is
needed.

-jason