Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:34:01 -0800

The GUI interface seems obviously good.

However I am very wary of embedding edit commands into the core server
code, as you seem to have done by overloading all of the city-changing
packets to allow unlimited changes when in edit mode.  I think it will
be safer in the long run to have the server editor code be in a separate
file, making things more modular and decreasing complexity of the
handling packets - which are the second-most complex part of freeciv
(after end-of-turn).

-jason