Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering arg

To: aaron_talamasca@xxxxxxxx, chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, cyril.delalande@xxxxxxxxx, s_keishi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering arguments
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:04:41 -0800

Gilderoy wrote:

> I patched configure.ac (simple) but i don't know how to run autogen.sh
> under windows.. I used che pregenereted installer to install freeciv
> under windows (i compiled it under linux, fedora core 4, but it's
> useless in this case).
> if you can explain my how to run autogen.sh under windows (or how to
> generate an istaller frome the source) I will be glad to help :) (or you
> want to try to install it under cygwin/msys?)

I meant compiling it in mingw+msys; there are instructions on the web
site but it's not trivial to do.  However there are a lot of people
following this ticket, at least some of which have already tried
recompiling linking to libutf8 (which this patch is supposed to do
automatically).  All that's needed is for one person to test it (both
with and without libutf8 present) and report the results.

-jason