Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14652) Patch proposal: resources cleanup

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14652) Patch proposal: resources cleanup
From: Jérôme Plût <Jerome.Plut@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:28:20 +0100

Nonis Decembribus MMV scripsit Jérôme Plût :
> Postridie Kalendas Decembres MMV scripsit Jason Short :
> > The resources.diff patch however looks pretty good.  You should review
> > the style guide, there are a few places that don't conform (not a big
> > deal though).  If you can provide just this patch, without the rename, I
> > *think* it can be committed.
>
> Here it is.

I've also got a patch to add the resources to the in-game help. I made
this a separate patch, and will send a ticket with it as soon as the
resources make their way in the code, so as not to burden too much the
actual resources code.

I also started to work on the "infrastructure via ruleset" code. I
still prefer having one activity yielding several possible results
over several actions with one shortcut, because this makes the choice
algorithm quite definite (the list of possible actions is written down
in the ruleset and the first available is always chosen) -- but I'm
not there yet, and it is not a big deal besides.

Is it compulsory to preserve ruleset compatibility? I can provide a
ruleset updater script if needed.