Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13745) savegame crash

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13745) savegame crash
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:39:06 -0700

The easy fix for 2.0 would have been to revert init_player to have

   pplayer->target_government = 0;

as the rest of the code expects (the old 2.0 code doesn't initialize it
which is kindof buggy because it could carry over from game to game,
even with different rulesets...).

The problem here was that I didn't test this patch when writing it and I
guess Per didn't test it before committing it.  We need to be a lot more
careful with 2.0 in the future.

-jason