Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13683) Reducing the upgrade cost

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13683) Reducing the upgrade cost
From: "Alexander Sayenko" <sayenko@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:53:19 -0700

Hi guys

Here is a new patch to reduce the upgrade cost. Major changes relate to the
comment of "jdorje" concerning the fact that the resulting cost MUST NOT
drop below 2*missing.
So, at the moment, bonus is applied only to the difference between base_cost
(which is 2*missing) and cost, which is returned by the unit_buy_gold_cost
() function.

The value of bonus is applied linearly because I think that the
non-linearity may be acheived easily my the bonus values associated with
each bonus flag. Another reason for doing so is that these values are
hardcoded and cannot be accessed via rulesets, so, we can control them
solely.

If code, which analyses the bonus from EFT_UPGRADE_BONUS effect, is not
necessary, I can remove it from the patch. Should we create a separate
ticket for it ?

TODO:
- decide which technologies should have the bonus flag
- is it enough to have three bonuses ?
- bonus values

Sincerely,
Sayenko Alexander