Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13427) Border size

To: oberon <oberon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13427) Border size
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:11:01 +0200

Well, I have never seen the borders of e.g. Canada expand or collapse
just because Canada "raised the luxury rate" e.g. for centennial
celebrations.

Apart from being unrealistic, changing borders will leave units
suddenly on enemy territory, which causes no end of additional
problems.

I still do like your idea of happiness or something else(city size?)
affecting claiming land first by increasing distance.