Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13443) diplomat bug

To: djtansey@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13443) diplomat bug
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:09:17 -0700

What if, on a slow connection, the client opens a second diplomat dialog
while the price-request for the first one is still in transit?

I think a theoretically better solution would be to either drop the
price-request packet (the client can calculate this data or be sent it
ahead of time) or to keep the current system of closing only when
complete but also track the unit ID so we can check if the unit has
died.  Either of these could also be buggy though so maybe your patch is
fine.

-jason