Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sounds needed...

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sounds needed...
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:15:09 +0200

You did not read the copyright notice.

The works were never copyrighted because audio works could not be
copyrighted in the USA before 1972, and no copyright reinstatement
claims where filed 1978-1979.

See http://www.radiolovers.com/copyrights.html
for details.

The site is up and running, and it seems for some time, so I guess
they did their homework.

If you really want to be sure 100% that the sounds are original and
not stolen somewhere, I guess you'll just have to use a mike yourself,
bust some balloons and paper bags, twist and crush a coke can, or wait
for the new year celebrations to record them. And no, i don't have a
mike.