Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12271) RFC: allowing more players

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12271) RFC: allowing more players
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 06:53:31 -0700

> [bhudson - Wed Feb 16 17:53:14 2005]:
>
> At some point I looked into this, and wrote a bitvector library for
> variable-length bitvectors, but then the enormity of the task
> dawned on me, as did the requirement that I actually earn my keep.
> The bitvector library is attached.
>
> Am I the only one who wants lots-of-player games?  Is anyone interested
> in helping development?

Your resizeable bitvectors seem interesting. It would be worthwhile to
split that off into a seperate patch and commit it first.

Your bitvector code should have some minor fixes however:
* Make sure you follow CodingStyle.
* Merge the static bitvector code with your code as much as possible.
  There will still be two types, but you can reuse a lot of code.

  The only differences between the static bitvectors and these, is that
  the static bitvectors have automatic memory management and cannot grow
  or shrink. This is akin to the difference between arrays and vectors.
  You could in fact even use specvec to implement your resizeable
  bitvectors.

  It is probably a good idea to rename the static bitvectors to
  bitarrays in the future.