Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12946) FACTOR in consider_settler_action

To: bdunstan149@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12946) FACTOR in consider_settler_action
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 18:40:35 -0700

Brian Dunstan wrote:

> In particular, I think a standard unit of economic
> value would be a good thing for freeciv.

IMO all such calculations should be in Universal Units.  For simplicity
in the default ruleset this should correspond to units of gold (or some
factor thereof).  The current method of calculating economic value as a
percentage is brain-dead.

However, this belongs in README.AI not CodingStyle.

-jason