Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12856) proliferation of BONUS effects

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12856) proliferation of BONUS effects
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:39:23 -0700

> [jdorje - Wed Apr 20 07:07:47 2005]:
>
> This patch proliferates the BONUS effects beyond all reason.
>
> There are two levels (called priorities, got a better name?) of bonus
> effects.  Each of these has one bonus effect for each output type.  This
> gives 12 total effects (compared to the 4 we have now).

There are embedded priority levels elsewhere too. Like in the per tile
effects, but they are somewhat more fuzzy than that.

Your patch effectively implements the EFT_SCIENCE_PCT effect and friends
from impr-gen using the general effects code, so the TODO comments for
these effects can be removed. Here is a patch.

We should possibly also make some convention for effect naming in the
future. It is a mess right now.

How about:

EFT_<NAME:string>_<LEVEL:number>_<TYPE:string>?

LEVEL ::= 0, 1, 2, 3...
TYPE ::= Per/Pct (x+=x*val/100), Add/Adj (x+=val), Inc (if x>0 x+=val),
Bool (val in {0, 1}), Spec (special).

Where x is the current value of <NAME> and val is the value of
EFT_<NAME>_<LEVEL>_<TYPE>.