Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12847) crash losing window

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12847) crash losing window
From: "Dadster" <dadster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:34:48 -0700

I downloaded the Mac version of 2.0 to PowerBook G4 with OS X 1.3.9. It
crashed immediately looking for ~/.freeciv/saves. I created the
directories. Then it crashes with a complaint about X and losing
contact with the window. The FAQ says only that I may not have
X-server, but I seem to. I use other *nix software.

Then I tried Darwinports. It retrieves 1.14, not 2.0, and dies after
complaining about multiply defined symbols and errors.

Tail end of the log says:

ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/opt/local/lib/libgdk_imlib.1.dylib is not prebound
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of
_locale_charset
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
ld: Undefined symbols:
_AudioDeviceAddIOProc
_AudioDeviceGetProperty
_AudioDeviceSetProperty
_AudioDeviceStart
_AudioDeviceStop
_AudioHardwareGetProperty
make[3]: *** [civclient] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

If you need more info, write to <lewy at chena dot fastmail dot us>.