Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12713) Crash on Windows 98 Build (running Windows

To: scott.watkins@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12713) Crash on Windows 98 Build (running Windows ME) - Is anyone testing this platform?
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:19:26 -0700

My report file was in G:\freeciv\2.0.0-rc1\Freeciv\
Well, you can look at my .RPT file on ticket 12702 on rt.freeciv.org
for a similar bug, although I guess your comctl.dll is different:

http://rt.freeciv.org/Search/Listing.html?Bookmark=FrT%3B%402%7C%254%7C%241%7C2%241%7C4%258%7C%2411%7CDESCRIPTION%245%7CFIELD%248%7COPERATOR%245%7CVALUE%2412%7CStatus%20%3D%20new%246%7CStatus%241%7C%3D%243%7Cnew%2510%7C%2411%7CDESCRIPTION%245%7CFIELD%248%7COPERATOR%244%7CTYPE%245%7CVALUE%2423%7CRequestor%20LIKE%20schaefer%249%7CRequestor%244%7CLIKE%249%7CRequestor%248%7Cschaefer%241%7C7&TicketsSortBy=Created&TicketsSortOrder=DESC&RowsPerPage=50

I have an additional problem on win98, with GetScrollRange, I looked
into it and a disassembly shows the error occurs when it tries to
write back to one of the int* min, int* max arguments.

As far as I can see this function is only called in three places in
the client, and all of the code involved looks harmless. I would not
be surprised if this is a windows98 bug which only occurs when windows
is under load.

The function dropping for me in comctl is much more complicated,
unlike the GetScrollRange function, which is very simple, just calling
another function.

I remember there was a version of freeciv requiring X-windows, does it
still exist or am I making things up? Maybe that one would be less
trouble.