Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12587) "UNIT ID" makes panel too big

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12587) "UNIT ID" makes panel too big
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:51:23 -0800

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> When playing in debug mode the panel becomes too large because of this
> string.With the panel-resize bug this makes the game nearly unplayable.
>
> Simply removing the "UNIT ID" string would improve things.The ID can
> be shown by itself.

I did not see this misbehaviour. You used the gtk2 client? Any particular
way to reproduce?

> Better I think would be putting the unit id into the mapview
> center-click popup.

That would not be as good, because it would not show an individual unit in
a stack, which is the whole reason for adding this in the first place.
Doing "debug units X Y" would debug an entire stack, which would often be
way too many units.

  - Per