Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12559) [Patch] is_ocean() -> can_unit_exist_at_tile()

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12559) [Patch] is_ocean() -> can_unit_exist_at_tile()
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:30:12 -0800

> [jdorje - Tue Mar 22 04:25:53 2005]:

> However the patch is buggy.  It doesn't allow any open-ground attacks by
> air units (in can_unit_attack_unit_at_tile).  I think
> can_unit_survive_at_tile doesn't do what you think it does.  In general
> all of these changes need to be closely scrutinized, and a lot of the
> code it touches I'm not familiar with.

Oh, I forgot to add: this piece of code (and maybe others) should
consider checking if (punit->transported_by != -1).  We could make the
restriction based on being transported rather than on movement
restrictions per se.  The problem with this is it doesn't work unless
the unit is at the location (it won't work if you pass in a separate
ptile parameter, but only if punit->tile is used).

-jason