Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12508) team research cleanup

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12508) team research cleanup
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:26:39 -0800

> [jdorje - Tue Mar 15 16:39:49 2005]:
>
> The idea for this seems reasonable but I don't think it should be
> applied to 2.0.  The main reason is that it can introduce bugs even in
> non-team games.  Since 2.0 has no GUI for setting up teams we can assume
> that team games will be fairly rare.

The only places where the logic is changed don't touch no-team games too much:
1) Initializing and reinitializing player_research structs. It is initialized
as it used to be before.
2) reseting got_tech not inside city_turn_activities() but before calling it
for every players
3) code inside loops that iterates over players on the same team.

I don't like the idea of asking players to wait one year more for working teams.
Moreover, you can crush server by using teams, so be prepared for pubserver
crash notification spam.

> (BTW, we need a GUI for setting up teams.)
that's absolutely true.

--
mateusz