Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12508) team research cleanup

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12508) team research cleanup
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:04:35 -0800

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> This is a patch which solves many team research problems. The current
> code is messy and I don't even understand why it works sometimes.
> With this patch players' player_research structs are really shared (they
> are same objects). This means that team research is always synchronized
> at least at server side.
> There isn't much new code, but the patch is large because I had to
> change research.researching into research->researching everywhere.
> I suggest commiting S2_0 version depite the patch is big.

It is nice. clean_players_research() should be free_players_research(),
though.

When I change team production (lots of AIs on my team) in the same round
that I/we have researched something, the amount of research points gets
zeroed - this is not correct. However, when I switch back to the default
selected tech, I get my research points back. That is odd.

  - Per