Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Remove the useless 'Game:' prefix f

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Remove the useless 'Game:' prefix from in-game ...
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:00:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> The prefixes in the message option dialog should not be removed. These
> are event prefixes not message prefixes.

Now that the Game: is removed from the messages, does it make sense to
have it in the messages dialog? The same concern in regards to space usage
applies there.

It might make sense that the special messages types (eg diplomatic) are
prefixed, but not that the general ones are. Now that the Game: prefix is
removed everywhere else, I think a Game: prefix only in the messages
dialog will look rather odd.

  - Per