Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12057) Some new wonder graphics

To: paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12057) Some new wonder graphics
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:21:59 -0800

We need to decide what to do with the source files.

SVG files are pretty small.  We already include all of the flag SVGs in
the source tarball.  For larger source images (like the Bach/Newton
ones) we probably don't want to distribute them for no reason, but we
should certainly hold onto them.

So:

1.  We could distribute them on the assumption that we'll find a way to
use them.  (We probably could, since people have been asking for wonder
images for a while.)

2.  We could put them into CVS alongside the buildings.png, but not
distribute them.  This means in the misc/ directory, which isn't a very
good place.  Or we could make a new subdirectory.  Or we could put them
in data/graphics/.

3.  We could make a new CVS module.  This would make it easier to make a
tarball of graphic sources.

-jason