Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11282) [C++] typedef / struct member conflict in c

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11282) [C++] typedef / struct member conflict in client/climisc.h
From: "Frédéric Brière" <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:50:43 -0800

[ I'm moving this thread to its appropriate ticket. ]

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 03:07:41PM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> Just do as Jason suggested. Rename the 'cid' type declaration to
> something else. Be it 'cid_type', 'Build_Type_id', 'Compound_id', etc. I

As I pointed out in #11282, there's somewhat like 200 occurences of cid,
either as a typedef, a struct member, a variable, or part of a function
name.  Imagine something like:

        cid cid = next_cid(item->cid)

Given that, is it still okay if I alter only the typedef?  With cid_type
or cid_t, it probably wouldn't matter much, but Jason argued that "cid"
was a dumb name in the first place (can't argue with that) and advocated
Build_type_id.  Would that be okay?

Basically, I'm quite willing to sift through each occurence and rename
as I'm told -- I just want to make sure that I won't fuck things up.

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx

 =>  <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxx> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=