Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11282) [C++] typedef / struct member conflict in c

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11282) [C++] typedef / struct member conflict in client/climisc.h
From: "Frédéric Brière" <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:30:57 -0800

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:39:45PM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> What was the issue again? That the type name was the same as some
> struct member name?

Yes.  The problem and the patch are at the top of the ticket.

> Just rename the thing with less occurences so there
> is no clash anymore. You do not need to rename everything.

I'm attaching the output of:

  grep -r cid . | grep -v '\.po:' | grep -vi 'cident\|decid'

You'll see that it's a mixture of all cases, so I don't particularly
relish sorting through them all.

I do agree with you that solving a problem at the source is better than
patching it with ifdefs, but you have to admit the original patch is
much... simpler.

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx

 =>  <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxx> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=