Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11207) accidentally goto

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11207) accidentally goto
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:28:30 -0800

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Christian Knoke wrote:

> CVS 26 NOV 2004 S2 GTK2
>
> Sometimes when I click on a unit on the map, the following happens:
>
> The unit wakes up, the left bar unit display is updated, and the left bar
> is resized in width, because the unit descriptional text in the german
> locale needs more space.
>
> Now, this causes the map to shift aside a bit. In some cases, it shifts so
> that the mouse pointer is over another tile.
>
> Then I release the mouse button.
>
> And then, you guessed it, a mouse initiated goto is performed on that unit.
>
> Not sure, how to fix it. To limit all relevant translations in size is a bit
> hard, and success not guaranteed. Exceeding the left bar minimal width may
> not be a good solution, either. And, ah, this is a mapsize=1 game, guess
> with bigger minimaps it won't happen.

Like I think I said before, the problem is the goto and rectangle
selection drags are activated once you cross into another tile. This is
bad. Just moving a single pixel is enough to trigger a drag, if you are
unlucky. The code should check for a substancial drag delta in the x or y
axis (in pixels, say 10 or 15 pixels), *not* that a tile boundary was
crossed to trigger a drag start.

---