Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11207) accidentally goto

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11207) accidentally goto
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:21:12 -0800

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 02:19:10PM -0800, Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:28:30AM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
> wrote:
> >

> > Like I think I said before, the problem is the goto and rectangle
> > selection drags are activated once you cross into another tile. This is
> > bad. Just moving a single pixel is enough to trigger a drag, if you are
> > unlucky. The code should check for a substancial drag delta in the x or y
> > axis (in pixels, say 10 or 15 pixels), *not* that a tile boundary was
> > crossed to trigger a drag start.
>
> I think it is very well possible that the map shift is more than 15 pixels.
>
> Also, the resize is quite annoying, because it is often, even if only a few
> pixels.

Three solutions come to mind:

1. Anchor the main map to the right window side, for resizing. This would
   eliminate the original bug.

2. Put the veteran state of the unit descriptional text in a seperate line
   (as the MPs are). This would also eleminate the resizing (I hope).

3. Compute the needed minimumm for the left bar width from the names of
   available units and veteran states.

Christian