Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9667) CMA GUI Bug

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9667) CMA GUI Bug
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:53:34 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:06:28PM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
> wrote:

>>>[chrisk - Wed Aug 11 12:09:10 2004]:
>>>

>>>CVS 11 AUG 2004 GTK2
>>>
>>>When you open a city window --> cma, the top most preset is not only
>>
>>hilited
>>
>>>but *activated* for the city.
>>
>>Changed it so you need to double-click to activate a CMA preset. This
>>fixes the bug.
>
> Sorry, this is irritating: a preset is selected on the left side, eye
> catching, and in the table on the right in small letters you read the *real*
> (=active) preset.
>
> Is it possible to just assure that, when you open the city window/ cma tab,
> always the preset which is *active* is also *selected* in the preset list?
>
> What gives I'm not a friend of double-clicks.
>
> So I will not complain about the loss of the erase preset - double click.

Yes, the new method is quite inferior.  If selecting a CMA preset does
nothing then it shouldn't be possible to select a preset.  Just have
double-clicking one activate it, with no selection possible.  And also
the currently activated preset needs to be more prominently displayed.

Even that would be obnoxious, but perhaps better than the old behavior.

jason