Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10914) bad vote logic

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10914) bad vote logic
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:52:11 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:49:31AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
>

>>A vote with 3 players should require 2 "nays" to fail.
>
> I'd say 1 yes, 1 no, and 1 abstinate gives a fail. It may happen that you
> don't see a vote request because you are too busy. It shouldn't be possible
> for a minority to change the rules.

There are three possible results: pass, fail, or none.

It takes 2 yes's to pass.

It takes 2 no's to fail.

Until one of the above is hit the vote continues.  However if the
timeout period is hit (which, in pregame, won't happen) then the vote
will fail if there are *any* no's - I think this is what you are talking
about.

One question though is if 1 yes and 2 abstains should give a passing
result if the timeout is hit.  It is easy enough (especially in a
low-timeout game) to start a vote and simply have nobody notice it.

jason