Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10886) freeciv 2 beta 2: teams & ais

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10886) freeciv 2 beta 2: teams & ais
From: "Karl-Ingo Friese" <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 07:50:59 -0800

Hello Per,

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>> b) It is impossible to do research when teaming with
>>   an ai, since it changes the goal every turn.
>> Additionaly if several humans and several ais are in
>>   one team, odd things happen. We were playing
>>   two teams; 2 humans + 2 ai vs. 2 humans + 3 ai
>>   Just a few examples:
>>   - at several turns, the two team mates saw different
>>     research in their science dialog
>>   - sometimes the dialog shows 723 / 2
>>   - etc,
>
> Ouch. This will take me some more time to figure out.
>
>  - Per

A "trust the human" flag would be nice.

When I play in a team with an ai, I want the ai to be
cooperative, trusting my decisions for research.
Thus not chaning current research nor goal anymore
but let the hi (human intelligence) choose. Could
be default behauvior or configurable via (team)
option.

Thanks for the fast shared vision fix!
Ingo

PS: Wednesday we will have a beta3 test match ...
     expect more bug reports on thursday :)
     But Bugs or not - we are playing the 2.0 beta's since
     a couple of weeks now and have a lot of fun! Especialy
     the fantastic improved ai with diplomacy makes a whole
     new freeciv experience :)

--

Dipl.-Math. Karl-Ingo Friese
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Tel.: +49 (0)511-762 2913    Fax.: +49 (0)511-762 2911
email: kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx