Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10336) citymap cleanup

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10336) citymap cleanup
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:34:57 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

>>It's also possible that the two lines of code give the same results.  Is
>>the ++ evaluated after the = or before it?  I have no idea.
>

> funnily, in either case it would produce the same result as
>       citymap[x][y]++

x++ gives the original value of x not the new value.  So if the = is
done after the ++ then the code is perhaps equivlant to

   tmp = citymap
   citymap++
   citymap = tmp

...or so I imagine.  However this seems unlikely, both because the code
works the way it is now and because it seems illogical to "insert" the =
in between the two parts of the ++ in this way.

jason