Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9695) mapgen error / topology 11

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9695) mapgen error / topology 11
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:18:06 -0700

> [mburda - Tue Aug 17 08:47:07 2004]:
> > ===
> > And this comment looks stupid:
> > +  assign_continent_numbers();
> > +  /*  never reassing number befor create start pos gen 2-4 */
> > +
> > --
> > mateusz
> >

> maybe, but this stupid think was the bug!, as this call is done out of
> mapgen.c i assume there the coder are not mapgen gurus and and i want
> prevent to someone move it befor call create start pos.
>
> if you think it is really useless this can be delete.

You didn't understand me.
It is placed after the code. Each comment should be placed before the
code it comments.

My proposition:

if (map_is_empty() || (map.generator == 0 && game.is_new_game)) {
  map_fractal_generate()
}

/* Don't assign continent numbers here. We have to do it later,
 * because generators 2-4 use their own continent numbering
 * in create_start_positions(). For other generators continent numbers
 * are already assigned.
 */
gamelog_map();
/*start the game*/

[...]

/* start positions are created, now we can do this safely */
assign_continent_numbers()

--
mateusz