Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8570) no auth for gtk2 client

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8570) no auth for gtk2 client
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:24:34 -0700

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 08:33:10AM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> Auth support should always be present in the client.  The server thus needs
> to be compatabile with these clients, but may have dummy auth support. Of
> course the database should be settable at config time (or even at runtime).

Auth support _is_ currently always present in the client (except for the
aforementioned clients that don't do it at all). With that in mind. I don't
understand your second sentence at all.

The database library _is_ and needs to be settable at config time, but
there is no point whatsoever to make it settable at runtime.

-mike